CME Competency for Opioid Prescribing: 3 hours of NH BON approved CME are required every two years relating to opioid prescribing, including medicated assisted treatment (MAT).
The SAFE Opioid Prescribing curriculum is designed to increase prescribers’ understanding of appropriate patient assessment and prescribing practices that can help reduce misuse, abuse, and overdose deaths associated with ER/LA opioid analgesics. The program will be divided into three segments: ER/LA Opioids - Perspectives on Patient Assessment and Therapy Management, Goals of Therapy, Monitoring and Patient Education of ER/LA Opioids and Assessing ER/LA Opioid products: Similarities and Differences Prescribers Need to Know.
Complete the entire SAFE Opioid Prescribing activity to receive your training completion certificate!
- Identify risk factors for opioid-related aberrant behavior
- Differentiate between tolerance, physical dependence and addiction
- Evaluate and manage adverse effects of ER/LA-opioids
- Differentiate strategies for monitoring patient adherence
- Assess the differences in opioid metabolism and how these impact appropriate ER/LA prescribing
- Identify how opioid-drug interactions influence ER/LA opioid prescribing