Mind Body Health
Lisa Howe MSN-ANP, BC
Join NPs from around New Hampshire as we celebrate National Nurse Practitioner Week 2018. NHNPA continues with our theme of taking care of ourselves, so we can better care for our patients.
This year our event is titled: Planting the Seed of Health. We will start with a social activity of planting a terrarium, led by Diane Desmarais, APRN. Participants will take their terrarium home as a daily reminder of the importance of self care. We will then enjoy a wine social and have an opportunity for professional networking with NPs from around the state as well as with the vendors supporting our meeting. This will lead up to an amazing dinner provided by Ellacoya Bar & Grille. While we enjoy this healthy and flavorful dinner, we begin our main program.
We welcome Lisa Howe, MSN-ANP, BC, founder of iMindBody, LLC. Lisa will teach us about recognizing and managing the stress response using the Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART) model. The evening will close with an exercise in mindfulness and a closing meditation with guided imagery.
NP Week Celebration - Planting the Seed of Health
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Facilitated by Diane Desmarais, APRN.
Registration and welcome activity: Plant your own terrarium. Each participant will take home their project as a gift and these will be used as a centerpiece on the table during dinner.
NHNPA Events Committee
Each participant will be given 1 wine ticket upon registration. Network with NPs from around the state, NHNPA Board Members and Committee Members, and vendors.
Ellacoya Barn & Grille, Gilford NH .
Lisa Howe, MSN-ANP, BC
1. Identify personal Stress Response in the following categories: Physical, Emotional, Cognitive, Behavioral, and Relational.
2. Discuss the Fight or Flight (Stress) Response, Allostasis, and Allostatic Load. Discuss the Relaxation Response. Elicit the Relaxation Response with single focused meditation and body scan.
3. Discuss Negative Automatic Thoughts and Thought Distortions such as All or Nothing Thinking, Mind Reading, Magnification, Perfectionism.
4. Discuss the connection of Negative Automatic Thoughts, Mood, and Behavior.
5. Introduction to Affirmations, Cognitive Appraisal and Cognitive Restructuring.
6. Exercise in Mindfulness.
7. Closing Meditation with Guided Imagery.
NHNPA Events Committee