Enhancing COPD Management in Primary Care
This event offers 6.5 CME credits to attendees.
This conference presents evidence-based diagnosis and management strategies of COPD in primary care. The $125 registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and 6.5 credit hours. CME open to all healthcare providers involved in the care and management of patients with COPD.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Improve management of their patients with COPD by applying current COPD GOLD Guidelines;
- Describe the clinical features of COPD including the roles of inflammation, hyperinflation and airflow limitation highlighted in this course;
- Summarize the indications and benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation in the care of the patient with advanced COPD;
- Appreciate and help patients avoid the common challenges to inhaler use and oxygen therapy;
- Efficiently integrate tobacco cessation counseling into patient encounters and practical programming for smoking cessation/tobacco use disorder;
- Effectively manage COPD exacerbations and optimize post-hospitalization outcomes.