Additional MAT Information
The following information is posted on the AANP website. Christopher Laurent APRN, Jefferson NH spoke with the Director of SAMSHA on 1/20/2017. The DEA waiver application form for APRNs is in the review process. The application will hopefully be available on 2/15/2017. We are advised to monitor the SAMSHA site for updates. I hope this is helpful.
Release Date: January 17, 2017
- Participants must complete, in full, both parts of this educational requirement to be waivered (see below)
- 8-Hour Training: Part I: The ASAM Waiver Course: Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder
- 16-Hour Training: Part II: NP/PA 16-Hour Waiver Training
- Learners will be directed to a partner site for content, and re-directed back to the AANP CE Center to complete the requirements for CE and obtain the CE Certificate. Registration on the partner site is required.
- Those who complete this educational activity must allow approximately a week for their information to be reported to Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT). They will then be able to apply for the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to their patients with opioid use disorders.
- Monitor the SAMHSA website regarding the NP waiver application form