Kitty Kidder, MS APRN named 2019 Advocate of the Year
We are happy to announce that Kitty Kidder, MS APRN, was awarded the Advocate of the Year 2019 at the Northern New England Annual Conference. Kitty’s professional life has been the embodiment of advocacy. She has worked tirelessly for the advancement of her patients’ wellbeing and for nursing practice on a local, regional, and national level.
Kitty realized early on that if she wanted to see change and progress, she would need to be that agent:
- She became a member of NHNPA over 20 years ago and has held several leadership positions.
- She was integral in developing policy and advocating for independent NP practice in New Hampshire.
- Kitty was the NH State Representative to the AANP, representing the interests of New Hampshire NPs on the national level.
- She has been the NHNPA’s Liaison to the state’s Board of Nursing, advocating and protecting New Hampshire NP practice.
- Kitty is a pioneer in independent NP practice, opening and operating Life Long Care in New London, NH for sixteen years before retirement.
- Her practice was recognized as a medical home, the only NP owned practice to receive this recognition at the time.
She has served as a model of professional strength, conviction, and vision to NPs in New Hampshire and beyond. We appreciate her hard work over the years and thank Kitty for her advocacy on the part of NHNP and all its members.